The Voorheesville Community & School Foundation Awards $10,000 to the Voorheesville Public Library to Establish a Technology Lab
$22,250 in Community & School grants awarded since December
The Board of Directors of the Voorheesville Community and School Foundation is pleased to announce that a grant of $10,000 has been awarded to the Voorheesville Public Library for the purpose of establishing a technology lab. The technology lab will be used for public programs and training, and will provide the hands-‐on experience needed for living in a world full of integrated technology and e-‐content. The technology lab will initially include 11 laptop computers, a 3D printer and a scanner. Planned additions to the lab include updating the projection system with HDMI capability, and possibly a white board and high quality video equipment.
Since December 2014, the Foundation has awarded eight additional grants in support of school and community programs, specifically:
- A grant of $5,000 to the Classic Theater Guild to support the 2015 Helderberg Theater Festival productions of Fantastic Mr. Fox and Shakespeare’s The Taming of the Shrew, to be performed free to the public at Indian Ladder Farms on July 17-‐19 and July 24-‐26
- A grant of $2,750 to the AP Physics Club for Project Icarus - a project to design, build, launch and recover an experimental payload into near space
- A grant of $1,000 to build a Community Sports Wall at Jim Nichols Park in the Village of Voorheesville
- A grant of $1,000 to the Voorheesville High School Drama Club to support the Spring 2015 theater production of Fiddler on the Roof to be performed on March 20-22, 2015
- A grant of $1,000 to the Guilderville Swimming Booster Club for the purchase of a swimming record board
- A grant of $800 to the Blackbird Review, for the purpose of reestablishing the student literary journal at Clayton A. Bouton High School
- A grant of $500 to support ongoing Blue Ribbon activities at Voorheesville Elementary School
- A grant of $200 to support the Village of Voorheesville Green Clean Event to be held on Saturday, April 18, 2015
An Evening at the Orchard - October 16, 2015
Save the Date
An Evening at the Orchard 2015, the VCSF annual fundraiser, will be held on Friday, October 16th at the Pavilion at Orchard Creek. Save the date for an evening of food, drink, music, auctions and fun!
Our Board Members
Read about our Board Members and how they have helped enhance the educational, cutural, athletic and organizational opportunities for the students and communities of the Voorheesville District.